Fall Season Launches LGBT Festivals in Palm Springs
Posted: 10/25/2010 - 18:18
New Venues, Celebrities and Top Entertainment.
Palm Springs, CA – Kicking-off the series of LGBT signature events in Palm Springs, the annual Greater Palm Springs Pride Festival and Parade is scheduled for November 6-7, 2010. The festival will begin at Palm Springs Stadium beginning both days at 10 a.m., with the Pride Parade to follow on Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
The two-day pride festival, “Stand Up. Stand Out. Stand Proud,” has four new venues and top entertainment schedule:
• Big Top Cabaret featuring drag personalities, vocalists and comedians.
• US Bank Main stage featuring New 32' Stage
• New-wave Pioneer Martha Davis & The Motels will headline on Saturday, Nov 6.
• Dance Diva and Billboard Top Artist Crystal Waters brings playful, party sound and will headline Sunday, Nov 7.
• Club Legend Robin S. will also headline on Sunday, November 7.
• The Great Lawn: A new gathering space for friends with perfect views of the Main Stage.
• Farmers Market presented by Vons: A variety of fruits will be available offering a healthy alternative to traditional festival foods.
Pride Weekend kicks off with Leslie Jordan performing his show “From Whence I Came” as a fundraiser for the Golden Rainbow Center at the Riviera Palm Springs on Thursday, November 4. On Friday, November 5, Tony and Grammy award winner Jennifer Holliday takes the stage at the legendary Riviera Palm Springs.
During Pride Weekend, lesbians can seek a spiritual getaway at The Women in the Arts festival showcasing the works of women artists in the genres of theatre, film, music, literature and visual arts.
Numerous gay bars as well as gay-popular restaurants, hotels and gay resorts, and shops have special events and parties throughout Pride Weekend.
The Palm Springs Leather Pride returns with its sizzling four-day event, November 11-14, 2010, featuring vendors, dance parties and the annual “Mr. Palm Springs Leather Contest.”
This spring, the desert will be blooming with two signature events complete with pool parties, dancing and top entertainment. Girls just want to have fun at the Dinah Shore Week presented by Girl Bar and Club Skirts is scheduled for March 30 – April 3, 2011. The largest gay dance music festival, Jeffrey Sanker’s White Party is scheduled for April 8 -11, 2011.
Palm Springs is home to more than 30 gay and lesbian-owned and/or operated resorts and guesthouses, including many that are clothing optional. Vacation packages and specials are available on the Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism website under “Hot Deals” at www.VisitGayPalmSprings.com.
Post a Comment: (0) Comments: